We love this delicious juice! It’s a fabulous way to kick start our day! Jam packed with nutrients such as Beta carotene and Vitamin C, but not only is it nutritional but it tastes divine! Who would’ve known the beetroot, carrot and orange combo would taste sooo good!
The best way to drink this awesome juice is chilled! Enjoy!
Makes approximately 500ml
Prechill vegetables if possible
- 4 carrots
- 2 peeled oranges
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 4 ice cubes
- Wash carrots and beetroot well
- Feed the vegetables and fruit through the juicer
- Serve in chilled glass and enjoy immediately
Inspired by rebootwithjoe.com
After watching ‘Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead‘, by fellow Aussie Joe Black, we have been inspired to try a few more juices and particularly more kale. Have a look on his Reboot website for more info.
This juice recipe features kale which contains many health benefits, including being rich in nutrients (contains antioxidant nutrients, anti-inflammatory nutrients & anti-cancer nutrients). This juice is also rich in immune-boosting nutrients, detoxifying and alkalising ingredients for the body. It’s also a wonderful energetic kick start to the day; but ensure you have it at least 30 minutes before any food to reap all the nutritional benefits.
We have grown to love kale and have incorporated it into our daily diet by juicing it, including it in our smoothies and recently discovered a fantastic Kale and Goji berry brownie recipe which I’ll be sharing soon because it’s too delicious to keep a secret!
Joe’s Mean Green
Makes one serving (350ml)
TIP: A few ice cubes in the juice jug, to cool the juice slightly, tastes great.
- 6 kale leaves (if none around, a combo of spinach, collards and Swiss chard can be used)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- Small piece of ginger root (2.5cm)
- Rinse and chop ingredients ready for your juicer
- Start with the ginger, then the leafy greens, the apple and cucumber will help the ginger come through
- Enjoy immediately, separately to a meal to help your digestion get the most from the juice
For more info