These are super easy and delectably delicious treats for both kids and adults alike. Since we’ve continued with our grain free way of life I’ve been proactively looking for some great recipes to experiment with. This one is a complete winner and is well worth sharing with you.
It uses almond and coconut flour, two of my favourite flours to bake delicious treats now. Both can easily be found at health food stores.
I love the texture of these cookies, with their melt in your mouth deliciousness.
Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies (grain and egg-free)
Makes 20-30 cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup (or similar sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pecan halves (approximately 30 halves)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the pecan halves on a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays
- Place one toasted pecan half on top of the cookie dough ball and press down until it is lightly imbedded in the dough
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on the tray for a few minutes before removing so they set – otherwise they will be too soft and may fall apart
- Place onto a cooling rack after a few minutes, when they’re set… they’re ready to be enjoyed with a hot cuppa or a glass of almond milk 🙂