Welcome to the first post of 2014! The past few weeks have been relaxing and full of good things and life should be that way. I hope each of you reading this post have had a great start to the new year, I hope that it only gets better.
This weeks post is a simple yet tasty snack or even a quick breakfast that will keep you going on the go. These Easy No-Bake Protein Bars are a great alternative to store-bought protein bars which are great but can be costly over a long period of time. These are tasty, simple and brilliant protein snacks.
Easy No-Bake Choc Protein Bars
Makes approximately 12 bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 scoops of chocolate protein powder
Dark Chocolate topping (optional)
- 3 squares of good quality dark chocolate
- a few drops of coconut oil
- Line a 20x30cm pan/dish with baking paper.
- Combine the protein bar ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mix into the prepared lined pan or dish, flattening it nicely. Place the dish into the fridge and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Once the mixture has solidified, the topping can then be made by melting the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small pot over low heat.
- Drizzle and then place the mixture into the fridge again for a few hours.
- Cut as desired and store in a cool place. Enjoy 🙂