Celebrating the Australian Summer kicking off today, I’m sharing our favourite watermelon juice of all time. It is not only super refreshing on those hot Summer days, but it is also nutritionally good for you.
Watermelon is one of those summer fruits that are readily available, usually in abundance. I have fond memories of fresh watermelon juice in my childhood years; it was one of my mums favourite juices to quench our thirst, and oh boy did it satisfy our thirst, it was deliciously tasty then and even more now knowing the benefits of watermelon which include vitamin A and C. It consists of 90% water, which is why it is so refreshing. It also has an antioxidant called Lycopene which is linked with cancer protection qualities.
Besides the health benefits, this juice is just deliciously delicate yet there always seems to be a party in my mouth, enjoy!
Revitalising Watermelon and Fresh Mint Juice
Serves 2, 10 minutes preparation time
- 1/2 small watermelon, chilled and roughly chopped
- 4 strawberries
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- Process watermelon and strawberries in a juicer, add the mint half way while juicing to ensure it is pressed thru well
- Add some ice cubes if desired to the glass
- Stir well and add a mint leaf as a finishing touch
- Enjoy this refreshing drink 🙂
- If you have any juice left over, it makes fantastic ice blocks to enjoy on those hot summer days!
For more info