These scrumptious little pieces of energy are inspired by a store bought cacao coconut ball. They were so delicious and a nice alternate from the Heavenly Protein Energy Balls that these have now become one of our favourite on the go snacks.
Like the Heavenly Protein Energy Balls I previously mentioned, these little gems mainly consist of dates which are rich in several vitamins, minerals and fiber too. These delicious little pieces of fruit contain oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium which are all beneficial for health.
Also included in these little nuggets is raw cacao powder, which is known as a superfood; full of flavonoids, which act as natural antioxidants. It is rich in magnesium, an energy mineral and vital electrolyte. This superfood is also a good source of sulphur which is associated with strong nails, shiny hair and a healthy liver and pancreas. It also contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which is a mood enhancer. While this super-molecule exists naturally in the brain, the only other food that contains PEA is blue-green algae.
Also included in this super easy recipe is coconut oil, we have recently switched to using coconut oil for our cooking which has several brilliant advantages to health which include:
- Boosting of metabolism which aids with weight loss
- Improves heart health & reduces health risks associated with diabetes
- Coconut oil is made up of healthy fats lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid which contain antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral prosperities to boost the immune system
- Improves digestion & nutrient absorption
The list goes on and on, its easy to cook with and there are different types that don’t have a strong coconut taste if you’re not too keen. I’ve found the health food types the least potent in coconut taste thus far, though even major supermarkets these days stock it in the health section. It will come in a solid form but it has a low melting point so cooking is a breeze.
I love the fact that adding coconut oil to our diet has added lots of health benefits, and its not a heavy oil like other types of cooking oils that leave you with a greasy aftertaste.
I encourage you to give it a go if you haven’t already, it’s a small but great change with long term health results 🙂
I hope you enjoy these new found snacks as much as we do!
Energy Cacao Amazeballs
Makes 12 small balls
- 1 cup of dates (presoaked in boiling water for 20mins)
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 5 tbsps coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor until well blended
- Shape into small balls or cubes, they are tasty and packed with nutrients, so small is a good size
- These delicious treats are ready to enjoy!